A synopsis of some comments from Henning and Leo at their press conference
- Significant Ecconomic conditions are driving companies to revise their strategy or even delay strategy decisions
- Good performance despite difficult times
- Now 82,000 customers
- 2008 a good year with Business Objects integrated well and contributing well
- Public Sector growth countering difficulties in other sectors
- But need to look at last quarter showing only 8% growth compared to much better growth in previous quarters
- Business by design is now operating in 5 countries and SAP are the only company to develop not just a new product but a new business model – SAP are the first company to develop a new product like this.
- Customer Satisfaction is now at the highest level achieved.
- Quotes Forrester as IT spend to reduce by 3% this year
- Enterprise Support was developed at the request of our customers and we are seeing Customer acknowledgement of the value, the price will be what it is within the industry
- Trust and confidence at this time is the most sought after commodity.
- All staff will have a salary freeze for this year on the fixed elements – bonus targets related to performance will be paid.